Thursday, November 10, 2011

Adventures of a cushion climber

If you know me you would know that I do not pride myself on having a spotless house. I'm more of the 
I'll get to it when I get to it type mom. Having children I realized it is almost impossible to stay
on top of everything including cleaning, cooking, taking care of sick kids, bathing, homework,
taking care of hubby, washing dishes, laundry, yada yada yada the list goes on. So I learned to have a laid back attitude from the get go when it involved my mommy/wifey duties. I got lucky because my slave driver hubby is also pretty laid back when it comes to these things as well. So when it comes to making a mess for fun I say sure why not! The other day I had an idea, Addison has been climbing from our bed to Haileys bed a lot lately and I figured she needed some practice on climbing. More so the getting down part because she likes to just fall off the side of Hailey's bed. (Don't worry its only like 6 inches off the ground, and we put pillows down) So I decided it would be a good idea to take all the cushions off the couch and put them on the floor. Then I proceeded to spread toys all over the place, and let Addy practice climbing. Lets take a look at her adventure.
OMG mom you are awesome, I'm having so much fun climbing on the couch and gently falling on the cushions all around the couch!

Working on strengthening muscles and I don't even realize it!
"You've got mail!" 
Quick addy go read your email!

Excuse me mom, I'm typing do you mind, stop taking my picture!

Here bother the pony, she's ready for her close up.

Oh yea, I got this, one thing at a time!

So yea, pulling my couch apart and spreading toys everywhere kept her busy for about 45 minutes. She was having a blast. Don't you love her mismatched socks? 
I left the couch pulled apart all day and she would go back and forth playing and climbing or then doing something else. But then Hailey came home, and she kept jumping on the couch and driving me crazy because her sister was right next to her about to get smashed. 
But making a mess is fun, right?




3 comments:

  1. I wanna come play on the couch cushions with her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, we miss you guys. I hope you can make it on sunday, no kids though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What us moms do to entertain and enhance our children's skills! =) She's a cutie too--i just wanna squeeeeeze! hehe
    Thanks for stopping by and following, I'm following you back now as well!
    Have a great day!
    Carolyn
    Cookin’ for my Captain

    ReplyDelete