Sunday, August 15, 2010

My first born made her appearance 4 years ago yesterday on August 14th 2006. I can't believe she has already been here for 4 years. Here is her birth story.

This is Hailey at home when she is only a couple days old.



Hailey Makenzie Miller is here!

She was born on Monday, August 14, 2006 at 9:47 p.m. It was a long labor! On Sunday night at 4:00 p.m. I went into the hospital with my mom and Scott (daddy) to start cervadil (to soften my cervix and get my body ready for labor). The next morning at 6:00 a.m they started me on the pitocin drip (this starts my contractions). At about 8:00 a.m. my contractions started coming very fast and close together. The doctor came in and checked me and I was still only at about 2 cm dilated. Around 11:30 I felt a strange pop, from the inside! I was talking to my mom at the time and said omg did you hear that, she said what? I said i just felt this wierd pop and I could hear it too. Then I said I think my water broke. The nurse came in to check me, and at first the strip came back negative for fluid. Then I stood up and got out of the bed and whooosh, all over the floor. My water HAD broke! A little while longer and I couldn't take the contractions anymore. The doctor came in to check me and decided that I was moving too much and they needed to put an internal monitor in me to check the babies heart rate and monitor my contractions. Once they had that in you could see how bad my contractions were on the monitor they were going crazy closer then one minute apart. I was not getting any breaks and I could not take it any more, at this point I was barely dilated to 4. The doctor basically strecthed my cervix to a 4, and it hurt like no other. After that the nurses convinced me to get an epidural. That was horrible. I was having horrible contractions and trying to stay still, they put the epi. in me 3 times before it was done right, and it hurt. After that was done and they started to pump the drugs in I could finally relax a little with only feeling a little pressure with each contraction instead of the massive amount of pain I had before. The doctors checked me through out the day and then at 9 they came in and gave me the news. It had been a failed induction. they asked me if I wanted to do a C section now or wait till the morning. I couldnt take it anymore and I was ready for Hailey so I decided to go ahead with it right then. They explained what was going to happen and wheeled me off into the operating room. After they finally set everything up and was ready for me to go, they started to pump the medication into the epidural tube I had and waited for me to get numb. It took a little while longer then usual I could still feel stuff. My upper body started to shake and my teeth were chattering from all the medication. Scott came in finally and they had already started to cut me open. I could still feel the knife slide across me where they were cutting, but no pain just the pressure. It was the strangest thing. There was a whole bunch of pressure and pulling and finally out popped the baby they sucked her nose and throat out and I could hear her cry. They showed her to me quickly then took her to be cleaned off and scott followed them to be with her the whole time. I was so relieved that it was finally done. I was so happy. They sewed me all up and hooked me up to some blood pressure machine and and waited to make sure I was ok for about 45 minutes. they also pulled out my epidural and hooked me up to more pitocin so I would keep having contractions and I wouldnt hemorage or anything. When they took me into the room to see Hailey I was so happy I couldnt contain my self. It hadnt set in yet that the pain medication had stopped and the contractions were coming again. She slept alot that first night. I was still in alot of pain, but by the next morning the contractions were almost done and after the pitocin was stopped i felt much better. Alot of people came and visited Hailey and I at the hospital. It was a pretty crazy experience but now she is here and perfect. She was 6lbs. 2oz. and 19 1/2 inches long when she was born. OK now that I have rambled on for hours thats the story.

Its amazing how you have no idea how much you can love your own child. Its something that is so insane and crazy there is not enough words to describe it. And before that day I had no idea what I was in for. I had all these ideas and thoughts about what I could do. And thank God we have made it through 4 years. lol. Some days my lil munchkin drives me so crazy but to think about how I felt holding her for the first time is something I will cherish for the rest of my life and then some. However I am already dreading the teenage years....God help me when that happens.



No comments:

Post a Comment